5.05.2020

NOTES FROM AN ISLAND Day 25 All About Me 4/17/20

It’s Friday, so maybe time for a little fun. We’ve earned a rest from our weary fretting.

Here are a few things that you might want to know about me to complete the mental picture that my words might have begun before I retreat into the anonymity of my cloth mask. (There is no need to reciprocate. That is one of the privileges of being on an island.)

About me:

    1)   I do crossword puzzles in pen. They are always a mess when I am done.

    2)  I’ll eat anything on a burger, but I am a hotdog purist – mustard, relish and sauerkraut (maybe a little chili) or no deal.

    3)  My favorite artist (bar none) is Raphael, but my favorite ninja turtle is Michelangelo.

    4)   I once wanted to be an architect, until I found out how much physics was involved.

    5)  The animal I most identify with is the Tiger, although my actual spirit animal is the Salmon. I don’t know why I know that.

    6)   I think log-log and semi-log graph paper are cheating

    7)   I was a Classics major in college but read Latin poetry that was written in the Renaissance. I didn’t think I was scholar enough to find new things about the topics everybody studied, so I found my own topics.

    8)   My favorite book is Look Homeward Angel by Thomas Wolfe. My second favorite is E B White’s Charlotte’s Web, which probably tells everything you need to know about me.

    9)   I distrusted High School History. All those neatly organized dates and events seemed way too pat. It turns out I was right.

    10)  I don’t have a favorite movie – there are far too many that I love. But the only movie I would watch anytime and anywhere is Richard Lester’s A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum (oh, and probably The Princess Bride).

    11)   I am decidedly a dog person, but I find cats singularly intriguing. Since I am allergic to them, they seem to be abnormally interested in me in return.  

What else could you ever hope to know?

[This Post was adapted from a essay originally published on Facebook the day listed above]

No comments:

Post a Comment